[OSM-dev] osm mirror at spline (planet files)

Philipp Borgers borgers at mi.fu-berlin.de
Wed Sep 26 20:40:45 BST 2012

Hi everybody,

for quite some time now we are mirroring the planet files at
ftp.spline.de [1]. Finally I found some time to change our rsync script
and adapt it to the new planet file structure.

At the moment we only host the planet files (xml) of the last three
months. We still have some place on our hard disks and would be happy to
serve some other files. In a next step I'm going to add the pbf files to
the script. Do you have any other ideas what would be a good
contribution to the mirror infrastructure? E.g. in the past we created
torrent files for each planet dump but never seeded them. Maybe we can
change this? Are you interested in extracts or something else?

Would love to get some feedback. Hope this is the right point to ask
these kind of questions.

Best Regards

Philipp

[1] ftp://ftp.spline.de/mirrors/openstreetmap/