[OSM-dev] GPX Planet Dump

Peter Gervai grinapo at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 12:49:38 UTC 2013

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 5:37 PM, Ian Dees <ian.dees at gmail.com> wrote:

> - This dump only includes the data inserted into the database (lat, lon,

Risking to sound way too negative I have to ask what is the point of
creating "gpx dumps" with the same data content as API queryable data?
My original request - years ago - came up because I missed additional
data contained in the GPX files, especially HDOP values and waypoints.
As far as I see this dump will not contain either; basically you dump
what anyone could dump by querying the API, you only save the
resources for not doing it one-by-one, right?

It's a good thing, makes it easier to clone/fork the data, but I have
to make a mental note what's to worry about next. :-)
--
 byte-byte,
    grin