[OSM-dev] Wikipedia Place checker

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 09:31:35 UTC 2013

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 1:14 AM, Craig Loftus <craigloftus at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have knocked up a simple script that gets all the pages in a Wikipedia
> category and checks them against place names from a given region using
> Overpass.
>
> Passing in a category like Hamlets_in_Oxfordshire and Oxfordshire as the
> region, I can then get a list of missing hamlets in Oxfordshire.
>
> https://github.com/craigloftus/wikipedia-osm-check

Weird, I first thought I was reading this on the Wikipedia list, and
that the list it returned was the opposite (places in OpenStreetMap
that don't have a Wikipedia article). I suspect that would be a useful
list for Wikipedia... (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Missing_encyclopedic_articles
)

Steve