[OSM-dev] Is there a wrapper application for localosmtoshp application?

amrit karmacharya amrit.im at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 05:09:55 UTC 2013

I tried the command line. In the prompt, i CDed to folder which has osm
file. there i run

ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" health_facility_polygon.shp health_facility.osm
multipolygons
-sql "select name as alias_name from points"

and variations
ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" osm_points.shp input.osm
-sql "select name as alias_name from points"

ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" osm_points.shp input.osm
-sql multipolygon

All give same error *"Unable to open datasource health_facility.osm with
the following drivers."*