[OSM-dev] Introducing PGMapCSS 0.1.0

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Aug 3 09:34:15 UTC 2013

Stephan,

On 03.08.2013 08:04, Stephan Bösch-Plepelits wrote:
> I spent the last week hacking together a new project. It's an
> implementation of MapCSS for Mapnik, called PGMapCSS.

Interesting. I wonder if replacing Mapnik with UMN MapServer would add
the missing bit of functionality:

> And this is currently the big limitation of this method: Mapnik can't use
> expressions for most of it's Symbolizer options (not even colors or
> rotation angles).

AFAIK MapServer supports that. Tiling can then be done either via the
standard MapServer toolchain, or MapProxy, or even continuing with
mod_tile and using Tirex's "mapserver" backend.

Bye
Frederik