[OSM-dev] GSoC OpenSurveyor week report #7

Pavel Melnikov positron96 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 11:15:37 UTC 2013

Hello Viesturs and thank you for report!

Yes, so far the app looks much like OsmTracker, though one fundamental
difference is data format for export - it is not an .osm file, but a data
that will be used in JOSM plugin to create an osm file manually there. A
plugin is being created by Ilya Zverev who is a mentor for this project.
One more fundamental difference is that OpenSurveyor can work without GPS
present on the device (and without map). It records marker timestamps that
could be used on desktop to assign position based on external GPS track
recorded by other navigator system (garmin, etc)

And yes, most of the features related to map UI that you mentioned are on
the todo-list, including freehand drawing and manual placing predefined
markers on the map. Though I do not think WMS will be implemented
(Simplified TMS as used in web-based maps probably will)