[OSM-dev] The new link on the OSM map

Tom MacWright tom at macwright.org
Thu Aug 8 17:33:13 UTC 2013

> Tom's hyperbole that I claim "you did a bad thing entirely"

I was referring to:

> I'm sorry, but IMHO this is yet another step backward.

'Yet another step backward', outside of the expression "two steps forward,
another step back" means 'a bad thing in general' in common usage. Perhaps
you were implying 'two steps forward' and that was lost to everyone.

> Sorry for that. I merely point out the flaws I see.

You did on the JOSM tracker: the ticket you posted (
http://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/8945 ) was polite, straightforward, and
to the point. If you had posted the same thing here, this would have been a
more productive dialog.