[OSM-dev] osmcoastline install question

Sven Geggus lists at fuchsschwanzdomain.de
Mon Aug 19 12:10:00 UTC 2013

Jochen Topf <jochen at remote.org> wrote:

> The osmcoastline README mentions the ubuntugis repository. Yes, it could
> probably be made clearer how to install this, but then I'd have to explain
> it for each and every distribution.

I will second this. There are people (like me) which do not like to use
Ubuntu for a couple of resons.

> Adding extra repositories is a rather drastic step, it is done differently
> in different distributions and it is not necessary in all distributions.

E.g. not necessary for Debian stable.

> This should not be necessary. Older versions of boost are fine.

Works fine using libboost1.49-dev on debian stable.

What you should probably add to teh README is the Number of Warnings and
errors issued by a correct run of "runtest.sh".

Sven

--
"Whenever there is a conflict between human rights and property
rights, human rights must prevail." (Abraham Lincoln)

/me is giggls at ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web