[OSM-dev] GSoC OpenSurveyor week report #7

Pavel Melnikov positron96 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 16:13:05 UTC 2013

Hello. I had some problems that prevented me from working on the project. I
went to teach at a summer school that had no Internet coverage,
surprisingly. And secondly, there was not a single free minute to spend.
Now I returned back, but I still have no Internet at home, so pushing
commits is a pain.

As for the progress, I have implemented a basic map interface that shows
markers that were added to a session and have a gps location embedded.
 Also, I've added GPS altitude
support as suggested somewhere here on the list.

I am using osmdroid library for map display, and am starting to find its
 functionality very poor (e.g cannot easily create a pop-up for marker). I
am looking to switch to Google Maps API v2, or use my own invention.