[OSM-dev] User Testing OSM.org

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 19:31:03 UTC 2013

2013/12/7 Ian Dees <ian.dees at gmail.com>

> I am also interested in getting from this list some questions or topics we
> should be sure to cover. Is there some hypothesis you've had about how new
> users use the site that you'd like to have tested? Is there some piece of
> the site that feels too technical or too "newbie friendly"?

It would be interesting to see newbies interact with the more complex
mapping situations, where relations are present (of the types
turn_restriction, multipolygon, route and maybe site). Will the relations
break, or do the mappers hesitate to modify complex situations? Can our
current tools make them aware about what is in OSM and evventually warn if
there is risk of damaging this "more abstract" data or maybe handle it
transparently so that they can edit without damage and without being aware
for the relations?

cheers,
Martin