[OSM-dev] Reminder: Node 32-bit exhaustion

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Tue Feb 5 02:34:46 GMT 2013

As of right now, we are 5.31 million nodes away from hitting our 2^31th
node. This is likely to cause some software to break. Hopefully everything
major has been tested, but if you haven't checked your software now would be
a good time to do so. I think coastcheck will break in substantial untested
ways, but I haven't checked.

At the node creation rate of 49k/day that has held over the last 10M nodes,
we will hit this on Saturday February 9th at about 3 PM, UTC.