[OSM-dev] osmosis 32/64 ID failure

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Wed Feb 13 01:37:17 GMT 2013

On 13 February 2013 06:21, NopMap <ekkehart at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi!
>

> Brett Henderson wrote
> > I believe it was fixed in Osmosis 0.38.  But I'd recommend using 0.41
> (ie.
> > the latest) if possible.
>
> Unfortunately, it is only partially fixed. I tried Osmosis 0.41. It works
> if
> you use the indexType Dynamic, but it fails with a MAXINT exception if you
> try to use BitSet.

Only Dynamic will work correctly from now on.  Unless somebody wants to
step up and create 64-bit capable BitSet and IdList implementations, but I
don't think there's much point.  The other options probably should be
removed now.

> The wiki claims that 0.42 would work in all cases [1].

It appears to have been updated now.

> Is there a reason that 0.42 is not available?

Simply a lack of time, and to be honest I didn't realise there was any
urgency.  I'll do it as soon as I can.