[OSM-dev] Coastline generalization tool and data

Michal Migurski mike at teczno.com
Tue Feb 19 03:00:56 GMT 2013

Christoph, this is so cool. Excellent work!

I've been hammering away at an OSM generalization effort of my own, focused on the global preparation of simplified linework for major roads and route relations:
	http://www.openstreetmap.us/~migurski/streets-and-routes/

It's based on work that I started in 2010 and 2011 and released as the Stamen Terrain layer:
	http://mike.teczno.com/notes/osm-us-terrain-layer.html
	http://maps.stamen.com/terrain/

I did find one weird part of your data, around Boston where the peninsula appears detached from the mainland.

-mike.