[OSM-dev] Does any tool/service make public transport data routable

Jingmin Chen godosou at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 20:20:21 UTC 2013

Hello,

OSM stores public transport line as route in relation. The line is composed
of ways, and the stops are nodes. The nodes may not locate on a way. Is
there any tool to make this data routable?

I have actually dealt with this problem in my project. I am thinking of
whether it is worth to make my solution open source. In my solution, the
network is multimodal, including car, bus, bike, walk, train in
Switzerland, and the changes are considered.

Now I only know that OpenTripPlanner has public transport routing function.
But from its source code, I guess the public transport routing data is from
the transit agencies in google transit file format.

Thank you for any information.

Cheers

--
Jingmin Chen