[OSM-dev] Reverts from the woodpeck_repair account

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 12:47:19 GMT 2013

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 6:12 PM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
> Pieren said that the specific "highway=ford" edit was discussed before but I
> think it has already been pointed out that this is wrong; discussing a new
> tag is not the same as discussing a mass edit to convert old tags.

But the message om 2010 said.:
"Any suggestions on what to do with the 4800 nodes also tagged with
highway=ford?
Change them to ford=yes all in one go as well?"

According to taginfo, we have currently (2013-01-02 00:58 UTC):
5981 highway=ford on nodes
282 highway=ford on ways
11215 ford=yes on nodes
5911 ford=yes on ways

Perhaps because ford=yes is also in JOSM presets... But until mapnik
OSM stylesheet supports the tag, we will have people reluctant about
the change. The same who says that we don't tag for renderers...

Pieren