[OSM-dev] Snapshot Server

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 17:35:28 GMT 2013

On 8 January 2013 17:28, Rob Nickerson <rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> I got it up and running but was struggling to load some data. Can't
> quite remember the error message but I'm hoping to get to look at it
> again this weekend (tho time is an issue).

Do you know offhand how big your .osm files are? I know that for giant
projects, nothing will beat the osmosis loading method that we have
now. But I'm wondering if it's worthwhile building a mechanism into
the web frontend that can handle smaller files a bit more easily, by
just uploading the file to the site. The files I had for the original
cycling data project were about 0.25 - 4.0 Mb in size but I know the
stuff Paul has been wrangling are closer to gigabytes.

Cheers,
Andy