[OSM-dev] Planet file date unclear at planet.osm.org

sly (sylvain letuffe) liste at letuffe.org
Fri Jan 11 14:52:01 GMT 2013

Le vendredi 11 janvier 2013 15:33:10, Peter Körner a écrit :
> Am 11.01.2013 15:17, schrieb sly (sylvain letuffe):
> > bzcat planet-130102.osm.bz2 | head -n 2
>
> Or without downloading the whole file:
>
> curl http://planet.openstreetmap.org/planet/planet-latest.osm.bz2 |
> bzcat | head -n 2

Sure ;-)

Don't worry... I wasn't going to download 25GB of data to get 20 usefull bytes
;-)

I wasn't clear by using the word "trick", the shell trick itself is known to
me, what wasn't, is the fact this information was there, waiting for me to
just read it.

Some (many ?) other osm file provider don't actually provide that information
and I haven't bothered to look at every .osm file around.

--
sly (sylvain letuffe)