[OSM-dev] Deploying Potlatch2 - local test version

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 01:22:13 GMT 2013

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Rob Nickerson
<rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm attempting to deploy P2 following the instructions on the wiki. At the
> moment I want to deploy this locally (as in, not on a public server), so
> that I can have a play with the snapshot sever / merging tool. I do not need
> to upload anything.
>
> Is it not possible to do this without registering my "server" with osm?

When I was testing a small patch for P2 I followed this page:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Potlatch_2/Developer_Documentation

and had a running P2 instance up that talked to the dev API in no time
flat. I had to create a new account in the dev rails port but P2
worked fine against it.

Toby