[OSM-dev] Highway Statistics: counting the number of roads along a junction/roundabout

Martin Alegre tin.alegre at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 11:27:29 GMT 2013

Dear all,

I need to generate some statistics on highways. More precisely, given an
OSM file of a city, I would like to find out which is the average number of
roads along a junction/roundabout?
Does anybody has some experience doing that? Given the OSM documentation,
it seems to be, that the only way to do that is by looking for
<relation>'s, right? My intuition is that
if inside a given <relation> ... </relation>, a junction exists, then the
rest of <way>'s inside that <relation> are the roads along that junction.
Is this reasoning correct?
I'm thinking of using Osmium for that purposes.

Best