[OSM-dev] Bug on userpage blocks received

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Jun 1 22:28:26 UTC 2013

> it seems as if blocks received on the user page doesn't show the correct
> number, e.g. this user has at least 2 blocks but it says 1

Yes, the counter is always the number of currently active blocks and not
the number of lifetime blocks which is a bit misleading.

The particular user you mention is a special case because he was more or
less manually long-time-blocked for continued vandalism. We don't
currently have a way in the OSM database to properly block users
long-time (we would perhaps need a new user status for that), so when we
have to do such things the admins always have to apply kludges.

Certainly something on the to-do list, question is on whose ;)

Bye
Frederik