[OSM-dev] mapnik2geotools

Norbert Renner ikonor at gmx.de
Tue Jun 4 22:09:25 UTC 2013

> Ok, I solved it. But if anynone used that tool in the past, I would like
> to get your feedbacks.

I once started improving the conversion of the main OSM Mapnik style but
got distracted and actually never continued with it, so there are still
some unmerged changes in my osm-xml branch [1].

The results already look quite good, but when comparing it with Mapnik
you can spot obvious differences without really searching for them. So I
guess there is still quite some work to do to make it look the same and
I was a bit discouraged by that.

Also with the style now switching from XML to CartoCSS it would probably
make more sense to have a converter from CartoCSS to GeoServer CSS [2].

Norbert

[1] https://github.com/nrenner/mapnik2geotools/tree/osm-xml
[2] http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/community/css/index.html