[OSM-dev] Project OSRM v0.3.3. released

Dennis Luxen dennis.luxen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 10:11:12 UTC 2013

Hello fellow devs,

I am happy to announce that Project OSRM v0.3.3 has been released. The
work for this release focused on how we model turns and how to better
support bike routing. The most notable new features are:

- turn penalties, e.g. sharp turns can be avoided.
- exceptions to turn restrictions, e.g. car restrictions don't apply to
bikes.
- Seperate setting for forward and backward speeds, e.g. bikes can go
against one-way flow and maxspeed:forward, :backward get evaluated.

All these features are directly usable from the speed profiles written
in LUA. And while we supply basic profiles for car, bike and pedestrian
routing, you can change and modify everything to your needs. In addition
to the new features, we fixed more than 170 bugs with this release.

You can find the release in the master branch of our git repository on
github [1]. And our demo site [2] runs the current version as well for
car routing.

Best regards on behalf of Team OSRM,
Dennis

[1] https://github.com/DennisOSRM/Project-OSRM/