[OSM-dev] openstreetmapdata.com

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Mon Mar 11 03:44:31 UTC 2013

It is potentially possible for the results of OSMCoastline to be absurd. In
these cases, my understand is the new files might not be posted.

There are a couple of coastline error displays. One is the coastline layer
in OSMI at http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=coastline which shows errors
found by OSMCoastline. Another is http://wightpaths.co.uk/coast/ which shows
the results of coastcheck, the software used for the coastline on
tile.openstreetmap.org. I supply the results as part of my generation of
http://pnorman.dev.openstreetmap.org/coastlines/. It's worth noting that I
do not do any checks on my data. It's the result of  an entirely automatic
process that just uploads the results of coastcheck.