[OSM-dev] Coastline changes Antarctica

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Tue Mar 12 09:35:38 UTC 2013

I'm not sure if it works, but I think it might be the better solution to
have land flooded on the maps than to have water becoming deserts.
On land we might have data which makes errors visually obvious: There
are streets in the sea - something has to be wrong.
At the ocean we don't have, but in deserts etc. it's the same: There is
empty land - there might not yet be data here, or there's desert and
really more or less nothing to see.

Sure: flooded land does not look very well, but I guess it's found and
fixed faster than water that's rendered as land.

regards
Peter