[OSM-dev] mod_tile in other projections?

Michal Migurski mike at teczno.com
Tue Mar 19 16:53:36 UTC 2013

Mod_tile does have projection baked-in:
	https://github.com/openstreetmap/mod_tile/blob/master/renderd.py#L163

You may find it necessary to play with the scale of your projection so that the units of spherical mercator (equatorial meters) approximately match yours. For example, an Albers projection with a standard parallel in the continental United States would be scaled up a bit to get the numbers to match.

-mike.