[OSM-dev] mod_tile stable version ?

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 19:02:12 UTC 2013

On 28 March 2013 15:20, Sarah Hoffmann <lonvia at denofr.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 07:36:56AM -0700, Kai Krueger wrote:
>> Despite possibly being the person who has recently been most active in
>> committing code to mod_tile / renderd and osm2pgsql, I have been reluctant
>> to claim the "official maintainer" title, as I didn't want to be the gate
>> keeper or bottleneck. But perhaps I should just take that responsibility, or
>> at least make sure to try and be more responsive to patches.
>
> I'd be very happy to see you step up as maintainer and move the stuff
> to github. I'd feel much more comfortable to submit pull requests to
> github instead of doing direct SVN commits that nobody even knows
> about unless the code fails in some annoying way.

Me too. There's no way I'll ever commit my ham-fisted coding directly to SVN!

But Kai, if you really want to it's possible to recreate our current
mess in git. Simply give commit rights to openstreetmap/osm2pgsql.git
to whoever asks, then we're back to the same situation as with our SVN
repo.

But it would be better to have a maintainer (or two), even if all they
do is move the project to git, and retrospectively tag non-broken
releases with a version number every now and then.

Cheers,
Andy