[OSM-dev] SotM ads for front page

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Wed May 15 21:34:33 UTC 2013

I'm not sure what the final decision was for what will be and won't be
promoted on the front page (and no doubt you are testing the waters here).
For transparency I suggested that the SotM conference being promoted and
for other events I suggested that we include a prominent "events" banner
and then link to a spruced up events page based on the following:

http://calendar.openstreetmap.org.uk/map

My reasons for this idea were to (1) limit the number of banners, and (2)
promote OMS's global annual conference which is now in it's seventh
iteration and provides funds to OSM (if there is any surplus sponsorship -
something that I am concerned will be harder for the organisers to achieve
if we are struggling to get the message out about the conference).

Anyway, it's not an issue that is up to me, and probably needs the CWG to
decide.

Rob