[OSM-dev] Overpass DEV url?

amrit karmacharya amrit.im at gmail.com
Sat May 18 08:46:33 UTC 2013

Thanks for the detailed suggestion,

the problem was that JOSM could not connect/validate dev url *"
http://api06.dev.openstreetmap.org/api", *i tried it now and its been
validated.

My query:
Instead of using text editor, why don't i

1) Select the objects i want to upload in JOSM
2) Make a new layer
3) paste the objects there
4) upload to dev server

from my previous experiences this will give new id's to objects and mark
them as new objects.

but i don't know how this will affect the ref=* and relations. BTW i am not
using relations now, but i will in near future.