[OSM-dev] Downloading OSM data

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Mon Nov 4 19:06:55 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 12:26 AM, Phanindra Kuchipudi
<phani.800 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to write a python script to download OSM data based on a given
> bounding box (implementing XAPI).
> Can anyone help me how to develop this script, and also can you give
> information on any other scripts available for this downloading
> functionality?

There are several ways to get up-to-date OpenStreetMap data.  Please
tell us approximately what is your bounding box / area of interest,
and how often do you expect to request an update?  Your answers will
suggest which tools we point you towards.