[OSM-dev] Reversion tool for new users

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 15:38:21 UTC 2013

Andrew,

Speaking as someone who does reversions, reversions are tricky. Doing
them in an automated way does not always get you what you expect if
there's been an interim edit, and even knowing if there's going to be
a problem with an automated reversion requires a bit of deep
introspection onto the changeset.

So maybe the right solution is (as has been proposed before) is
changeset comments and flags.

- Serge