[OSM-dev] OpenStreetmap.org share Dowload option malfunction

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Nov 27 20:28:34 UTC 2013

On 27/11/13 20:13, Christian Quest wrote:

> I suppose the script is calling mapnik to generate the image.
>
> What is required to run it ?
>
> Is it available on github ?
>
> I'm ok to add it on our server, just hopping it will handle the
> additionnal load.

The script is here:

http://git.openstreetmap.org/chef.git/blob/HEAD:/cookbooks/tile/templates/default/export.erb

Note that it's a template that is expanded by chef to fill in a list of
blocked users, so you'll need to edit that bit out or something, as well
as changing the path to the style file.

It uses the python bindings to mapnik and cairo, so you'll need to have
those.

> An improvement that could be made on this export feature is to a
> postpone it and send a link by email to download the result when it
> cannot be generate on the fly.

Well sure, but that would be a whole load of work ;-) This whole thing
is basically a quick hack I did...

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)