[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql: create flatfile from database?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Oct 26 10:10:02 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 26.10.2013 11:30, Walter Nordmann wrote:
> is there a way/tool to create a flatfile for the persitant node cache from
> planet_osm_nodes? Otherwise i have to re-import the full planet to get it.

I don't know of any existing tool. I'd just write a quick script that
does "select id,lat,lon from planet_osm_nodes" and outputs lines of the
form <node id="x" lat="y" lon="z" />, and then feed that to osm2pgsql
(called with --flat-nodes and the name of an otherwise unused, throwaway
database). When you make the script, remember you need to divide lat/lon
by 1E+07 or so.

Bye
Frederik