[OSM-dev] PGMapCSS 0.3.0

Stephan Bösch-Plepelits skunk at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Sep 3 05:57:28 UTC 2013

Another two busy weeks and already version 0.3.0 is available, which
introduces a couple of very interesting features, noteably:

* Link Selectors are supported, with a syntax similar to JOSM, e.g.
  'rel[route=tram] >[role=stop] node[railway=tram_stop]'

* There's a special link selector 'near' which matches objects in a certain
  distance. E.g.
  'area[landuse=cemetery] near[distance=0] node[historic=tomb]'
  selects all tombs inside a cemetery.

* Combine features: As streets in OSM are usually split into short parts
  (because of changing type, e.g. one ways, count of lanes, ...) labels are
  often missing or repeated too often. The statement 'combine' combines
  selected features into one.

There are some examples which illustrate these features:
https://github.com/plepe/pgmapcss/blob/master/examples/README.md

Here's the link to the library:
https://github.com/plepe/pgmapcss

Hope you like it :-) I'm interested in your feedback.

greetings,
        Stephan
--
Seid unbequem, seid Sand, nicht Öl im Getriebe der Welt! - Günther Eich