[OSM-dev] Heartbleed

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Thu Apr 10 21:42:25 UTC 2014

On 10 April 2014 20:53, Andrew Hain <andrewhainosm at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> What if anything has been the effect of the Heartbleed bug on the OSM family
> of websites and what do people need to do in response?

For the primary openstreetmap.org sites:

OpenSSL was patched on all systems by early Tuesday morning [GMT]. The
sysadmin team also re-issued new site certificates for both the
*.openstreetmap.org & *.tile.openstreetmap.org certificates on
Wednesday. I am still checking if the certificate authority has as
expected revoked the previous certificates.

The probability is extremely low that any user data was compromised,
but I would not discourage anyone from changing their password if they
are concerned.

Kind regards,
 Grant
 Part of OpenStreetMap sysadmin team