[OSM-dev] No more PBF planet files?

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Mon Dec 29 15:07:24 UTC 2014

On 28/12/14 18:47, Sven Geggus wrote:

> looking at the current osm planet file I only find osm.bz2 Versions.
>
> While http://planet.openstreetmap.org/planet/planet-latest.osm.bz2 is
> from 2014-12-22
> http://planet.openstreetmap.org/pbf/planet-latest.osm.pbf is still
> dating back to 2014-12-07
>
> An Idea?

I'm not sure what happened to the dump for the 17th but the 22nd failed
because we switched to using planet-dump-ng to do the planet dumps last
week and there was a bug in the driver script that meant the PBF was not
copied into place properly. The bug has now been fixed:

https://github.com/openstreetmap/chef/commit/1c048ed52745380fcc07c1e44c6bbb34d790dbe7

So this weeks dump should be fine.

I thought the PBF dump had been lost but I just realised it was actually
still in the temporary directory where it is created so I have moved it
into place manually now.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)