[OSM-dev] Embed an iframe using Zoom level + Lat/Lon?

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Tue Dec 30 18:43:41 UTC 2014

Hi

The Share> embed HTML option on the front page of OSM defaults to bbox
to select the area to display. I find this incredibly fiddly to get the
exact view I require. There appears little correlation between what the
map displays & the html bbox coordinates.

Is there a way to use Lat/Lon/Zoom Level option as used by the 'View
Larger Map option? I tried copy/paste but it didn't work.

Something like:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/export/embed.html?#map=13/51.3678/-2.3548

Cheers
Dave F.