[OSM-dev] Renderer issue: highway=service and service=driveway?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 12:30:54 UTC 2014

2014/1/8 Pierre Béland <pierzenh at yahoo.fr>

> In this particular case, if there was a hierarchy of roads, it would be
> less a problem if the rule that I proposed was followed. See
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Highway_Tag_Africa

I don't understand this page. Not that I had objections with what I read
there, but it is a duplication of what is already set. Why "Africa"? We
should have (and do have) a global system to tag and classify roads,
bridge=yes and layer=1 are nothing special to Africa, neither is a
hierarchical road system. My suggestion is to delete the page or link to
the specific pages in to keep the wiki maintainable. Duplicating the same
information over and over again has no sense and raises the risk for
inconsistencies.

cheers,
Martin