[OSM-dev] osm2pgSQL: bad result during COPY

Nourdine Ahamada nourdine.ahamada at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 08:25:02 UTC 2014

Thank you for your response.

> On 2014-06-16 7:33 AM, Nourdine Ahamada wrote:
>
>> ./osm2pgsql -l -x -v  --number-processes 4  --cache-strategy sparse -p
>> carto_ne  --style default.style -d carto -s -H <host>  -U <User>
>> download/netherlands-latest.osm.pbf
>>
> It shouldn't be related, but you probably don't want to specify a sparse
> strategy, but leave it at the default. You might also need to up the ram
> cache with --cache, the default is 800MB. Again, not the issue here.

The sparse-strategy was there because I didn't have enough RAM at first,
and then never remove it.

If you get the same error after dropping the DB and recreating it, can you
> open an issue on https://github.com/openstreetmap/osm2pgsql? Please
> include the output of SELECT PostGIS_Full_Version()

I created a new database with postgis and tried again, but got the same
error (wich isn't that strange since on the original DB, I had imported
Belgium and Luxembourg without issue).
So, i'm opening an issue on Github.
For record, the PostGIS_Full_Version() : "POSTGIS="1.5.3"
GEOS="3.3.0-CAPI-1.7.0" PROJ="Rel. 4.7.1, 23 September 2009"
LIBXML="2.6.26" USE_STATS"