[OSM-dev] Osm2pgsql seg fault

Frank Broniewski brfr at metrico.lu
Mon Mar 10 06:51:59 UTC 2014

Hi,

I just wanted to give a short update on the issue. I did an update of
osm2pgsql to 0.84 and tried again to import the diffs (minutely mapnik
in conjunction with osmosis), but no prevail. Interestingly, the crash
is related to a certain day, 2014-01-05, after setting the state.txt to
the next day, imports were again processed.

But the problem seems to go a bit deeper. On my database server I am
experiencing the same problem while importing the full planet
(planet-140226.osm.pbf) into the database. Importing smaller extracts
work though. I've tested Luxembourg and that finishes in 81s, right now
I'm trying the Europe extract from Geofabrik. For the planet dump I've
already checked the md5

Here's the last output from osm2pgsql before the crash, the gdb bt is
the same as with my first email concerning the crash:
> Reading in file: planet-140226.osm.pbf Processing: Node(2219907k
> 62.8k/s) Way(219165k 7.62k/s)
Relation(741130 33.82/s)Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I tried it now for several times, and osm2pgsql exits always at the
same relation (if that's possible): 741130

Any ideas?

Am 2014-02-03 23:35, schrieb Paul Norman:
>> From: Frank Broniewski [mailto:brfr at metrico.lu] Sent: Monday,
>> February 03, 2014 2:13 AM To: OSM Dev List Subject: [OSM-dev]
>> Osm2pgsql seg fault
>>
>> I am having segmentation faults with osm2pgsql and I am having
>> trouble to identify the reason. I presume it is related to some
>> updates of base libraries on my system but I am not really sure
>> if that is the case.
>>
>> I am running osm2pgsql on FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE-p3. I tried already
>> to delete it and reinstall it, but this did not help. Pkg_libchk
>> does not yield any problems.
>>
>> Osm2pgsql is:
>>> osm2pgsql --version
>> osm2pgsql SVN version 0.81.0 (64bit id space)
>
> This is an old version. Does the problem still occur on 0.84 or
> later?
>
> If it does, you'll have to provide more information like the
> command you used to call osm2pgsql.

- --
Frank BRONIEWSKI

METRICO s.à r.l.