[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql commit point and index recovery

Aiden Bell aiden449 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 20:19:34 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I recently imported the osm planet file using osm2pgsql. The process
crashed (hung my whole box) when creating the geometry indices and other
indices on the tables. Most of the indexing completed, but the box hung on
one of the last ones. Scouring through the source code, it looks fairly
trivial to add the indices by hand, however I was wondering if anybody knew
if the database is consistent at this point (ie, all row data comitted).

Don't want to have to start over with the whole import really.

Many thanks,

Aiden