[OSM-dev] Sending messages to users

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Mon May 5 18:21:10 UTC 2014

My 2 cents:

I think making permission to send mail to a user contingent on the user
in question authorizing the application to do so is probably the way
forward. I would suggest as a rule always making it optional for
participation in any OSM related activity.

Alternatively we could simply allow access to the e-mail address (as
above) instead of adding a public API to the message system, there are
just some privacy issues that I would see with that.

Now there's the just the small matter of actually coding it ....

Simon