[OSM-dev] On Zoom out markers should get combine.

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Tue May 20 13:35:28 UTC 2014

Hardik

There are various OpenLayer classes to add markers over the map. The Vector class is more recent and more flexible then the Marker class.  You should find cluster openlayers cluster examples on internet. searching for openlayers osgeo stylemap strategy cluster  new OpenLayers.Strategy

There is also a discussion group for OpenLayers users at http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/openlayers-users where you should find better answers related to OpenLayers.

These examples should show you how to define a strategy with a particular function to control the styleMap. You can for example group specifiying a distance. You can control the size of the marker based on the number of points. You can also replace with various icons.

See for example this discussion : http://www.feedpopular.com/openlayers-cluster-strategy-different-styles.html
and this presentation http://presentations.opengeo.org/2009_FOSS4G/ol_vector_mayhem.pdf

Pierre