[OSM-dev] pgmapcss version 0.7.0

Stephan Bösch-Plepelits skunk at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at
Tue May 20 19:03:54 UTC 2014

Hi!

Finally, there's a new release of pgmapcss - a MapCSS implementation for
Mapnik.

What's new?

The main improvement is that pgmapcss will try to guess the possible
results of eval()-statements, therefore it's now possible to use
calculations for properties which have to be predictable at compile-time
- which are most properties when using Mapnik 2.x, e.g. width and color.

There are more improvements, e.g. an included icon set (from the Mapbox
Maki project), the possiblity to mix MapCSS code with "normal" Mapnik
layers, CSS3 color names, eval()-selectors, ...
For a full list see the CHANGELOG file:
https://github.com/plepe/pgmapcss/blob/master/CHANGELOG.creole

About pgmapcss:

* I gave a talk about MapCSS in general and pgmapcss in particular at
  the Linuxwochen 2014 in Vienna. There's no video, but you can look at
  the slides (sorry, German - but there are many images and links):
  https://cfp.linuxwochen.at/de/LWW14/public/events/152

* There will be a talk about pgmapcss at the upcoming SOTM-EU conference
  in Karlsruhe: http://sotm-eu.org/en/slots/6

* There's a demo site at http://pgmapcss.openstreetbrowser.org/
  Don't overstress it :-)

* A fully working basemap style:
  https://github.com/plepe/OpenStreetBrowser-basemap

Grab/Fork the code at https://github.com/plepe/pgmapcss

greetings,
        Stephan
--
Seid unbequem, seid Sand, nicht Öl im Getriebe der Welt! - Günther Eich