[OSM-dev] Multipolygon support for Osmosis pgsnapshot

Stephan Bösch-Plepelits skunk at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Sep 21 08:50:26 UTC 2014

In my opinion, one of the biggest disadvantages of the pgsnapshot schema of
Osmosis (compared to e.g. osm2gpsql) is the missing multipolygon support.

Years ago I created scripts for the OpenStreetBrowser, based on a pgsimple
import (pgsnapshot was not yet available at that time), for multipolygon
support and derivative tables. Those scripts were never released separately
and therefore nobody knows about them (I guess).

Now, I just adapted them to the pgsnapshot schema and Postgis 2.0 and
concentrated on the multipolygon support (no derivative tables any more)
and released them as separate repository:
https://github.com/plepe/osmosis-multipolygon

After an initial osmosis pgsnapshot import, you load those scripts and they
will create a simple 'multipolygons' table with the columns: ( relation_id,
tags, geometry ). If you use replication to keep your database up-to-date,
the 'multipolygons' table will also update (the scripts overwrite the
osmosisUpdate() function).

Have fun!

greetings,
	Stephan
--
Seid unbequem, seid Sand, nicht Öl im Getriebe der Welt! - Günther Eich