[OSM-dev] Kosmtik rendering issues

nebulon42 nebulon42 at yandex.com
Sun Apr 5 12:21:09 UTC 2015

Hi,

I started playing around with Kosmtik instead of TileMill. So far it
works well, but I'm having two issues with the rendering:

* Labels and symbols are cut off at metatile borders. As far as I
understand there needs to be a metatile buffer. How can I set this in
the config options?

* Compared to openstreetmap.org my local tiles are more blurry. What can
cause this? Or did I miss osm.org switching to high-res tiles?

Maybe some experienced Kosmtik users have a hint as I'm totally
unexperienced with Mapnik yet. Kosmtik uses 2.3 out of the box as far as
I saw it. I'm using a local config file similar to what is referenced at
http://github.com/kosmtik/kosmtik/README.md as example.

Thanks for any help.
Best, nebulon42