[OSM-dev] Known good version of planet.osm

William Temperley willtemperley at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 17:00:35 UTC 2015

I'm fairly sure the problem is random bit-flips when writing large files.

I've re-run the command:
osmosis --read-pbf-fast file=/pg_xlog/backup/planet-latest.osm.pbf
workers=4 --write-pgsql-dump directory=/user/osm

I ended up with junk between nodes 1884827207 and 1884827211 inclusive.

Then I ran the identical command, same file and I have managed to extract
the nodes that were previously destroyed.  There are no special characters
that may have caused UTF8 parsing issues and the nodes are all there intact.

Wow, this has cost me perhaps a week! Perhaps time to upgrade the RAID
array, which is well within support.

Best regards,

Will