[OSM-dev] GSoC - Accepted students have been announced

Peter Barth osm-peda at won2.de
Mon Apr 27 20:42:54 UTC 2015

Hi all,

the list of accepted projects is out and OpenStreetMap will
mentor 8 student projects during Google Summer of Code 2015. You
can have a look at the full list at the google melange site¹.

Additionally, you can have a look at our wiki page here, for the
accepted OSM projects and project details². As the community
bonding period³ starts now, the students have time to get to know
their mentors, read documentation and get up to speed to begin
working on their projects. Official coding begins on 25 May, and
I hope we'll have 8 motivated students who will do a great
project. So you may expect first documentations of progress after
25 May.

We hope that students whose applications were unsuccessful will
nevertheless stay in touch with OpenStreetMap. Contributors are
always welcome, and we have a wealth of interesting projects
available ;)

Happy GSoC,
Peda

[1] https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/projects/list/google/gsoc2015