[OSM-dev] Using native social SDK for signing in to OSM on mobile

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Sat Dec 26 17:48:45 UTC 2015

> clearly something an ideal map would show you more prominently than a photo ever could....
>
> cheers,
> Martin
It is not mutually exclusive. For example, I added the OSM tag for Salin:
/wikimedia_commons:/ File:Salin-Le-Chamossaire-aerial.JPG

But there is no click-able link to view this photo on the Map Data layer:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/717919375#map=19/46.32048/7.01828&layers=D
as in case for the Wikipedia tag.

Another example, I also added the tag for the La Givrine train station
<http://osm.org/go/0CQjgcEZk--?m=> in Jura mountains:
/wikimedia_commons:/  Category:La Givrine train station

There is no Wikipedia article for this small train station, but there is
Wikimedia category
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:La_Givrine_train_station
as for all train stations. It is also not possible to click on the map
and view easily the images in the category, even though the tag OSM tag
exists and was added.

At the same time, the photos show what kind of train serves this route,
that there is a small waiting hall with a bench, a radiator, a ticket
distributer, etc. This information could be useful for those who plan a
journey.

I hope in future, an integration with Wikimedia will be further
developed and users could see both the map and the photos, at least from
the Map Data layer.

brgds
O.