[OSM-dev] License for Javascript code [repeat]

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Tue Jan 27 03:44:47 UTC 2015

I sent this mail to the list 10 days ago, and hoped the developers
would discuss the question of how the code is actually licensed.
But there has been no discussion at all, and without a discussion
there can be no decision.  Would people please look at the issue?

The license for the Javascript code of web site is incompletely
specified.  The directory contains a copy of GNU GPL version 2,
which lists two licensing options for the code.

* GPL version 2 or later, which is what we recommend
  as it is compatible with GPL version 3.

* GPL version 2 only.

The GPL says that this decision is made and stated with notices in the
source files, but these source files have no such notices, meaning no
decision was ever stated.

Can I ask the developers of those files to make a choice, so that it
can be listed in the source files and finish specifying how they are
licensed?

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation