[OSM-dev] Osmium::handler::NodeLocationsForWays and buffered reading

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Mon Mar 2 18:35:42 UTC 2015

On Mo, Mär 02, 2015 at 06:54:15 +0100, Rainer Schlönvoigt wrote:
> Does said handler also find node locations for nodes that have not ended up in the buffer during the same read?

Not sure what you are asking. You can re-use the handler for different reads
and the data will still be there, if thats what you are asking. But you have to
keep in mind that not all indexes used by the handler will keep their contents
sorted. If you are reading only one file thats usually not a problem, because
most OSM files are sorted, but if you are reading several files this could
bite you. The Dense* indexes are "self-sorting", the SparseMemTable ist also,
but the Sparse*Array indexes aren't.

If you tell us a bit more about what you are trying to archieve, we might be
able to help you further.

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  jochen at remote.org  http://www.jochentopf.com/  +49-173-7019282